The Complete New Funk Times P.Funk History Double Issue 4/5 from 1990
Rolling Stone Magazine has just published the story „Doctor Atomic“ about my favorite funk musician George Clinton (issue #1234, cover date: May 7, 2015). They printed a photo I took during my 1986 home story on George’s Funky Farm and the cover of the P.Funk History Double Issue of the P.Funk newsletter New Funk Times which I used to publish from the late ’80s to early ’90s, with permission of George Clinton.
The NFT website has been hacked quite a while ago and I haven’t had the time yet to bring it back. Therefore I am using my personal blog to post scans of the issue you see in Rolling Stone – with cartoons by Pedro Bell, Overton Loyd and Howard Priestley. Enjoy!
After a long break, I saw George Clinton in Amsterdam/Netherlands again (in July last year) – and was a video paparazzo’s ‚bycatch‘. ;-)
Here a photos from last July’s performances at flickr.
More on George Clinton, Parliament/Funkadelic and P.Funk
- Funky Farmer George Clinton (German version, 21.05.2009)
- Video des Tages: “Paint the White House Black” (20.01.2009)
- N.A.S.A.’s “Spirit of Apollo” Is a Contender for Best Hip Hop Album of the Year (02.02.2009)
- George Clinton Goes Nashville (11.02.2009)
- 15 CDs With Some Effect on My Life (21.02.2009)
- Meine 15 Lieblingsalben (1/3 – 1973-1977) (04.03.2009)
- Meine 15 Lieblingsalben (2/3 – 1978-1982) (04.03.2009)
- Meine 15 Lieblingsalben (3/3 – 1987-2004) (04.03.2009)
- The Funky Farmer: George Clinton Home Story (1986) (English version, 27.05.2009)
- George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic on Saturday Night Live (1986) (15.09.2009)
- R.I.P., Garry Shider! (Interview from the New Funk Times Archive) (17.06.2010)
- With my Palm Prē, I seem to be in good company (as in “GC”) … ;-) (09.02.2010)
- Question to Bootsy Collins: Did The J.B.’s Understand James Brown? (24.09.2011)
- R.I.P., Jack Bruce! (George Clinton on patching up things with Cream)(26.10.2014)